I am so excited to share some images from our honeymoon, along with some advice from the lovely ladies of TWO BELLES & A BRIDE. I asked them to share a few "two belle" honeymoon tips for the soon to be Mr. & Mrs. Be sure to check out their lovely blog. Cassie & Elizabeth are so sweet & have such passion for the wedding industry!
Andy & I traveled to Los Cabos for our honeymoon. It was perfect. We spent most of our time by the pool munching on yummy ceviche & sipping on mojitos. It was so nice to relax after the wedding! We really appreciated that "unplugged" time together before heading back to the real world. We are ready to go back!
Below is a photo of our resort. We went on a walk in the mornings to soak it all in. It was breathtaking.
Things to Remember Before You Leave:
1. The first thing to consider when planning a honeymoon is the budget for your trip. Whether that is big or small, try and give yourself a couple hundred-dollars cushion. This can be used for emergencies or that spur of the moment decision to treat yourselves to that little something extra, all without worry of breaking the bank.
Two Belles Tip: We totally understand that it is not always possible to afford a lavish vacation immediately following the wedding you just paid for. This is where the idea for a mini-moon comes in! A mini-moon is a shorter, more simplistic getaway directly after the wedding. This option still gives the couple intimate time together as husband and wife, while still allowing them time to save up for a longer getaway later on down the road.
2. Once you have determined your budget, the next step is to find a location that fits not only within your budget, but your idea of a dream getaway. Don’t be afraid to go outside the typical, tropical destination as your honeymoon. Perhaps you’re a couple who would enjoy an excursion through the mountains? Or a cross-country road trip may be more up your alley? Whichever you choose, it’s important to determine the activity level you want for your trip. This could be anything from a relaxing spa day to parasailing over the ocean.
Two Belles Tip: A great way to stay within budget and experience all that you desire for your honeymoon is to list activities on your wedding registry. This allows guests the opportunity to fund them for you as wedding gifts.
3. If your honeymoon travels put you at a risk of being separated from your luggage, eliminating the “His” and “Hers” bags could be a wise move when packing. Instead, consider splitting possessions between the two bags so that neither the bride nor the groom is left with nothing. With this in mind, consider rolling up clothes to create more room in your bags.
4. Make sure you take care of the little details that can easily be overlooked. Details like notifying your credit card company that you’re traveling and backing up important files like your ticket and hotel confirmations can be last thoughts in the hustle and bustle of getting things together. Taking the time to accomplish these tasks will alleviate lots of unnecessary travel stress.
5. Last but not least, if you’re able to afford it, we highly recommend getting a travel agent to assist you. They have relationships with resorts and travel coordinators that go beyond what’s available to the public. With these relationships they are able to create travel plans for you that provide a seamless, stress-free vacation.
Above all, our best advice we can give couples is to unplug, relax, and ENJOY as they spend intimate time together as husband and wife. What a precious time a honeymoon is for newlyweds. Don’t waste it by being glued to your phone or stressing over silly stuff. Embrace this time with your love and create memories that you’ll cherish forever. Thanks, Anna for letting us share what little expertise we have with you & your friends. We hope it was useful & insightful for even just one of you!
Bliss & Blessings,
The Belles – Cassie & Elizabeth